Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day of the Dead Calaveras Purse






So I decided to try a new pattern just for fun. I have to tell you this pattern was NO FUN! I mean WOW! The way they designed this pattern was ridiculous! I am a perfectionist, especially when it comes to something I am planning on selling on my site. They designed this pattern so on the bottom inside the bag all the raw edges are showing. That is a big pet peeve of mine. I don't want to see the ugly raw sewn edges every time I open my purse!

Anyways so I modified the pattern as I was sewing it so that all the raw edges are on the inside. I estimated this bag would take me about an hour. It Took me 3 hours! Ugh! haha but in the end it turned out very cute. I made this one for me so I can appreciate it even though it was a pain in the butt! hahaha!

O don't worry... If you want one I have another one listed on my site just for you :-)

7 comments:

Justine said...

This rocks! I love the pattern and the colors and the tie handle. Sweet work.

Cami said...

Very awesome! Love the interior fabric!

Barbra said...

Well worth the effort!

Alicia said...

It really is a cute bag, but I know what you mean I don't like it either when you can see all the raw edging lol mostly with my sewing lol anyways it really did turn out adorable.

www.thecutestshopsonline.blogspot.com

Little Lovables said...

looks cute! I love the tie handle

esque said...

Looks cool! I hate when raw edges show too!

[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
[inkihandmade.etsy.com]

Lori Storrs said...

love it! i think it was well worth the extra effort!