Friday, May 24, 2013

The Liebster Award

A great customer of mine notified me and said she has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. "OOOH Cool! How sweet" I thought, then my mind wondered on to thinking "What is a Liebster Award?" hahaha So I checked out her blog Confessions from the Playroom Here's what she found out about the Liebster Award:

"The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."



So, like Miss Kelley says on her blog: "It's kind of like a chain letter". It's a great way for all of us fellow bloggers to get to know and promote each other. LOVE IT! And since my blog tends to be very neglected what a great way to inspire me to post here again. So let's get started, first I am supposed to write 11 random facts about me. Ok let's see here. I'll just post the absolute first things that pop in my head:

1. I LOVE Kit-Kat candy bars ... mmmmm ... ok, now I'm craving one - damn!
2. I married my high school sweetheart
3. I love to be outdoors and do anything outside: camping, fishing, hiking, off-roading... The list goes on & on! I just love this beautiful earth where we live.
4. I love ALL books written by Dean Koontz, he's such an amazing writer. I get lost is his way of describing things.
5. I started my life as a mom & wife very young. We had 2 babies before I was even old enough to drink haha and I have loved every second of it. It was tough, don't get me wrong, but there are no regrets here.
6. I love cartoons and Disney movies. Happy to watch them over & over again with my kiddos (and sometimes by myself). I have several of them memorized. It drives my kids nuts when I recite them word for word hahaha
7. I am a total and complete sunshiney morning person hahaha my eyes pop open around 5am and I am ready to go!
8. My mom calls me the "Tattooed Martha Stewart" haha I love to craft, cook, sew, bake and just be home taking care of my family, but I don't look the part on the outside. Never judge a book by it's cover, right? :-)
9. I am a total a complete geek on the inside. I even snort a little when I laugh really hard.

... ok only 2 more - this is getting tough LOL

10. I'm a tom boy, never been much of a girly-girl (besides my love of the domestic type stuff) my idea of make-up when I very rarely put some on is the basics: foundation, eyeliner, mascara & chap stick HA!
11. I am a work-a-holic. My husband has to force me to stop and relax LOL



No here are the 11 questions Kelley asked:


1. If they made a movie of your life, who would play you?
hmmmm ... this might be easier if I was good at remembering names because all I can think is
"you know, that one girl with the hair and she's really cute ..." LOL ... I think Sandra Bullock. I identify
with her personality. She seems very down to earth & sarcastic like me haha

2. Cake or pie?
Can I say both? hahaha I think cake comes first, wait unless it's pumpkin pie!

3. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you want to sit down and have a meal with and why?
I'm a simple girl and the only person I can think of is my hubby and my best friends. Why? because it's
the simple things in life that matter most.

4. What makes you laugh?
Just about anything! I love silly - goofy movies. My hubby and I laugh together A LOT, and
my kids make me laugh.

5. What scares you (like hide under the covers kind of scared)?
Horror movies, if I ever watch one (this is rare) I won't sleep for weeks.

6. Your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement, First is my kids. They always come first. Second is working myself up in the
world. From starting out as a teen mom with nothing and my hubby & I working hard to bring my family to
where we are now.

7. What do you like most about being a blogger?
I started my blog as a way to promote my online business. I love how blogs allow me to show a personal side
of my business and to see the personal side of other women like me. It's fascinating.

8. What's the one song that will get you to get up and dance?
Accessing iTunes now to look at my songs (again, bad at remembering names haha)... ok anything by
Jack Johnson, it's not a fast beat but I just love the mood of his music :-)

9. Coffee or tea?
Ok, like the cake or pie question this one is definitely both! I like my coffee HOT with cream and
my tea cold with LOTS of ice - both with no sugar!

10. What's your secret obsession? (and we all have one, so fess up)
hmmmm secret obsession. That's a tough one. I tend to be an open book so not a lot of secrets with
me ... let me think ... ok, here's one: I google everything! EVERYTHING! I just caught myself googling
to find a list of example secret agent names for my next question hahahaha! I'm so not creative in a
writingg/making up names kind of way.

11. If you were a secret agent, what would your code name be?
Ok and as you read my answer to number 10 you know I cheated on this question hahaha I googled and found a
Secret Agent Name Generator and my secret agent name is: Agent HevyMetal BAH HAHAHAHAHA!

And now for my nominations, some of mine have just a little more than 300 - oh well haha:

Desert Star Creations
Art of Megan Dresback
Tattoo Tales
Tutuland
The Project Mama

OK so now here's your questions to answer & link back to me:

1. What inspires you with your creations? Why?
2. What's your favorite thing to do to relax?
3. What's your guilty pleasure?
4. If you were given a $10,000 shopping spree in any store, where would you go & what would you buy?
5. Your fave TV show?
6. What was your nickname as a kid?
7. Your secret crush? secret, as in embarrassing ... hehehe
8. Who's your favorite celebrity?
9. Are you a cat person or dog person?
10. When getting ready to start working/crafting what gets you motivated?
11. Comedy movie or Horror movie?

aaaaannnnnnndd GO!

xxxx*HUGS*xxxx

Celestial
Rockin Mama



No comments: